A clove (Syzygium aromaticum, syn. Eugenia aromaticum or Eugenia caryophyllata) is a fragrant dried flower bud of a shrub in the family Myrtaceae. Cloves are native to Indonesia. A clove tree grows to the height of 8-12 m and is an evergreen. The component is a dried flower bud. Cloves are harvested primarily in Zanzibar, Indonesia and Madagascar; it is also increased in India called Pakistan Lavang, and Sri Lanka.
Clove/grambu/kirambu is a spice that is used both in Chinese and Indian food. It is an ingredient of Indian garam masala and Chinese five-spice powder. It also is a part in the popular powder used in French cuisine.
Cloves contain a quantity of eugenol. The eugenol material in clove oil makes up to 70-85%. The ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) worth of cloves has been put at over 10 million which is 400 times stronger than the antioxidant comprised in blueberry. This high ORAC value makes cloves valuable in medication and as both a nutraceutical. Cloves are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamin K, and manganese.
The high ORAC value makes for a high potential.
Eugenol is used around the world by dentists in root canal therapyfillings, gum disease, and as a mild anesthetic and agent. The species is utilized in toothpaste, mouthwashes, and chewing gum.
The property of eugenol has been validated, with respect to pneumonia and asthma. The anti inflammatory and chemo preventative property of eugenol has also been shown in an experiment conducted by Kim et al. in 2003.
- High in carbohydrates.
- Can Kill Bacteria.
- May Improve Liver Health.
- Might Help Regulate Blood Sugar
- May Promote Bone Health.
- May Reduce Stomach Ulcers.
several health benefits of clove oil
Clove oil can be extracted in stem, the leaves and buds. We promote clove leaf oil, which can be extracted by water distillation, including the desired lower proportion of eugenol.
1. Clove oil can be used for bruises, acne, cuts and burns infection at bay as well as a pain reliever. It helps with gingivitis, mouth sores, rheumatism and arthritis.
2. It’s beneficial to the digestive system, effective against vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, spasms and parasites, in addition to breath.
3. Clove oil is beneficial for relieving respiratory problemsbronchitis, asthma and tuberculosis. The property is beneficial in cases of infectious diseases.
4. Putting a few drops of clove oil and then putting the cotton ball in a linen cabinet will not merely odor the cupboard, but can help to maintain fish moths.
5. In vapor therapy, clove oil can be helpful for dizziness and bronchitis and to help lift melancholy, while strengthening fighting and memory lethargy and fatigue.
6. Clove oil can be utilised to help with muscular numbness, bronchitis, chills, colds, diarrhea, spasms, rheumatism and arthritis. With this acrylic the jaw could be massaged for Infection.
7. Clove oil could be included at a minimal rate.
Clove oil blends well with
It blends well with lavender, benzoin, cinnamon, basil, lavender, sandalwood and clary sage.
Where to buy/price of clove
You can buy clove from spicecarts for a price of 90Rs/100gm and clove powder for 110rs/100gm